Bulk SMS Do's And Don'ts
It is our usual practice to ensure that we make all the important information that will assist our existing and intended bulk SMS users in taking an informed decision on our user-friendly bulk SMS platform without necessarily need to spend so much of their hard-earned money calling our customer care phone number before getting details. This will, as a matter of fact, help anyone on this bulk SMS platform from time to time because this page will be updated as we discover any issue related to the sending of bulk SMS.
Due to the sensitivity of the bulk SMS platform which is determined by the development of the bulk SMS component and configuration of the bulk SMS gateway service provider's platform, we deem it important to call our users' attention to the DO'S AND DON'TS below for hitch-free bulk SMS experience on this platform.
1) Click REGISTER to open a bulk SMS account with us on this platform.
2) Use a valid e-mail address when filling the registration form.
3) After submitting the registration form, check INBOX for an activation e-mail to activate your newly created bulk SMS account, and click the activation link just once and then log in with your USERNAME and PASSWORD.
4) Visit the PRSI page to choose a sender ID from our list of 76 preregistered sender IDs to test delivery on this platform (NOTE - You have to submit your proposed customized sender IDs for registration before you can use your customized sender ID and get the message delivered).
5) Use the free units of SMS given to every newly created account to send a page of a text message to a single GSM number to test our bulk SMS delivery.
6) Get our bank account details for payment purposes on the page tagged PRICING.
7) Use your USERNAME to make a cash deposit.
8) Indicate only your USERNAME when you are processing a transfer.
9) Click "Buy SMS" under MEMBERS MENU after login and enter the number of units of bulk SMS that you want to buy and click "BUY SMS" to continue with the process in order to use your ATM card details for direct payment on this platform. Your bulk SMS account will be automatically credited after completing the process.
10) Send us your PAYMENT DETAILS if you are unable to indicate your username while processing the transfer (like when you are using USSD code to transfer) or if you have not been credited for the payment that you make either through cash deposit or any form of transfer.
11) Use either 080 or 234 format. The numbers you are sending bulk SMS to must start with the first zeros or start with 234 without the first zeros. For example, 08034207834 or 2348034207834.
12) If you have to do copy and paste, only copy either phone numbers or message content from NOTEPAD (text file).
13) If you have to upload recipients' phone numbers, only upload phone numbers from a text file (Notepad file) to PHONEBOOK.
14) Click on "COMPOSE SMS" under MEMBERS MENU after login to send messages.
15) Separate recipients' phone numbers by comma or put them in column form (one phone number per line).
16) Use maximum characters of 11 alphabets or alphanumeric SENDER ID. Anything more than 11 will be automatically cut off.
17) You must Submit Sender IDs that you proposed to be using in sending your messages on our platform for registration in order to get your messages delivered to MTN numbers that are not on D0-Not-Disturb (DND).
18) Whenever you want to send a message, run a test to MTN number and another network before sending the message to your multiple telephone numbers or bulk numbers. This is to confirm that your message will be delivered with your customized sender ID when you send it to your contact list. If you do not get the message delivered, please don't go ahead to send the message to your contact list. You need to contact us immediately to help you find out what the problem is.
1) Do not pay less than N500 for bulk SMS. The minimum amount we accept as a payment for bulk SMS is N500.
2) Do not use a telephone number or any form of number as a SENDER ID. Please, note that your message(s) will not be delivered if you do so but your SMS units will be deducted without a refund.
3) Do not copy message contents and/or recipients' telephone numbers from Microsoft Word or Excel to avoid irregularities in message delivery.
4) No matter what happens, do not refresh COMPOSE SMS page after clicking SEND SMS. If your system shows a blank page or the browser continues rolling after clicking SEND SMS as a result of an internet connection problem, close the COMPOSE SMS page/window and open a new window to continue using the platform.
5) Do not use an unconfirmed/unregistered sender ID to send a message on our platform. Your bulk SMS credit units will be deducted but your message will not be delivered if you use a sender ID that is not registered or confirmed.
6) Do not use words or phrases like "Whatsapp", "Facebook", "Election", "Elect" and "Vote for" in the content of your bulk SMS message. If you use it, your message will not be delivered because it's being blocked by our SMS aggregator at the delivery end and you will see something like "Blocked sender ID detected".
7) Do not type just anything as a MESSAGE SAMPLE when filling the form to submit your sender ID for registration. You need to provide real text message content that you intend to send with the proposed sender ID as MESSAGE SAMPLE.
Please, note that you cannot get your messages delivered to the numbers on Do-Not-Disturb (DND). However, you get your messages delivered instantly to the recipients' numbers that are not on DND.